- Client side web album.
- Use iPhoto data, photos to browse albums in web browser.
- Mimics iPhoto UI in browser.
Web iPhoto (or wiPhoto) is a client side web album application. Main use for it is thought to browse iPhoto picture collections in web browser without need of iPhoto application.
- Web browser-only, no HTTP server
- static HTML and Javascipt files
- JSON data files generated from iPhoto embedded SQL database
- Photos are served directly from iPhoto pictures folder
- Can be backed up to CD/DVD without losing functionality
- iPhoto look-like interface
- Browse album collections, albums and view photos
- Keyboard and mouse navigation in all modes
- Fading screen tooltips:
- start/stop slideshow,
- rollover (from last picture in album to first, and vice-versa)
- Background image pre-load:
- when browsing albums and
- in slideshow mode
See online demo of the Web-iPhoto browser
Navigate with keyboard:
- Arrow keys: select album or photo (move selection)
- Enter: start/stop slideshow
- In albums browser: open selected album
- In album thumbnails view mode: open selected photo
- In slideshow mode: pause/restart slideshow
- Stop slideshow
- Exit from photo view to album
- Exit from album to albums browser
Dmytro Kovalov (firstname.lastname@example.org)